Friday 29 March 2013

Friday Feelings! - Is It Worth It?

Friday Feelings?- Well, basically, 'Friday Feelings' is going to be a weekly post about my feelings of the past week. I thought I'd try something new that I could make perminant in my blog.

So, this past week, I've spent my time revising for my GCSE exams. eeek!
As I've been looking over my notes, one thought has crossed my mind over and over again; "When will I ever need this?"
Now, I understand that the work you do and qualifications you get prove you can learn efficiently to future employers, but surely it would be more valuable to learn things that will benefit us in our future, as well as proving we're capable of learning and taking in information. 
Its just something I don't really understand. I mean, when am I ever going to need to recite the cell theory? 

As I've been revising, I've been asking my sister for help. She's in university studying Law and Criminology, a course that requires a lot of understanding.
Now, she had many A*, A and B's in her GCSE's. But, when I do ask for help, whether it be in Science, Maths or English, she cant remember a thing! 
Surely this proves that the majority of things we learn during our Comprehensive school education, are useless in everyday life. (Unless you want to be a scientist or whatever)

Well, there you have it, my feelings for the week.
I hope you've enjoyed this post. 
I'm actually really excited about these blog posts and think they could spark up quite a lot of conversation.

So, I'd love if you could comment giving me your opinion, telling me if you agree or disagree.

Don't forget to follow me on
Instagram- http://instagram.com/elerihall
Twitter- https://twitter.com/justmeEleri




No comments:

Post a Comment