Monday 18 March 2013

Paris haul!

Some of you may know that I went on a little trip to Paris this weekend. I went with my school for three days and managed to do a little shopping. YAY! I bought quite a lot considering the small amount of time I went for. 
Just a quick warning, This may be an extremely long post :)
Anyway, without further ado, lets get into the haul.


I'll start with make-up products, as for me, its the most exciting part.


On the first day, we ventured in to Gallery Lafayette, A huge department store full of designer brands such as Dior, Channel, Gucci and Burberry. The store really was manic, so I only purchased one thing, A MAC eye shadow in Expensive Pink. Being pale, I normally wouldn't go for pink eye shadows, as they make me look washed out, However, Expensive Pink has coppery/gold shimmer in, which warms up my complexion. Its a really beautiful colour and brings out the blue in my eyes, always a plus. 
Next, we took a trip into Carrefour, one of my favourite shops in France! As I wondered down the isle, I spotted Bioderma. Now, what type of beauty obsessed girl passes up the opportunity to buy one of the beauty worlds most hyped up products. Not me! I'm sure you've all heard of Bioderma so I wont go into to much detail. Basically, Its a make up remover that can be used for your face and eyes. Its insanely pricey to get in the UK, but in Paris, I managed to pick up two bottles for 15 euros! Bargain.
On the same day, I walked into Kiko, An Italian Make up brand. I've heard a lot about Kiko and have always wanted to try their make up, however, It's unavailable to me in Wales, so I made sure I spend time finding products that I really liked.
 First of all, I bought a "Long Lasting Colour lip marker" in shade 102. Its a really vibrant coral orange and the wear time is AMAZING. I tested it on my hands on Saturday. Since then, I've showered and scrubbed my hands numerous times. It's now Monday and I still cant get it off! Also from Kiko, I purchased the "Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow" in 07. Its a really creamy crayon eyeshadow in a beautiful pearly, muted gold. It claims to have 8 hour, no transfer performance, hopefully it will.
 And finally from Kiko, I bought a Pencil Lip Gloss in a light baby pink colour. It doesn't seem to have a name or number? Basically, It's a very glossy lip balm/colour in pencil form. Its really creamy, a lovely texture on the lips and comfortable to wear. The pigment is also better than I expected. The Kiko products are really cheap but the quality is amazing, I'm so excited to try them out.
Last but not least, I went into Sephora. We don't have a Sephora in Wales, so I was super super excited! I ended up buying Urban Decay's "DeSlick oil control makeup setting spray" as I have a problem with my make-up sliding off my face. Also, I've heard great things about this product, so cant wait to give it a go.
I would've loved to buy more from Sephora, but I was slightly overwhelmed by everything there. Oh well.



Next up, we have non-beauty purchases. a-woo-hoo!


FOOD! You cannot go to France without buying some typical French treats.
First of all, I bout sugared Madelines. Their basically just delicious cakes with rock sugar on top, yummy.
I also bought Macaroons which I'm super excited about. My sister brought home macaroons from her trip to Paris just before Christmas and once they were gone, I'm sure I had some sort of withdrawal symptoms. Macaroons are simply delicious, I bought raspberry and chocolate ones and cant wait to eat them.
Finally for food, I bought Haribo Schtroumpfs. In English, that means Haribo Smurfs. My sister and I have a slight obsession with smurfs so I couldnt resist.
On the last day, we went into a gorgeous Parisian shop and I bought a little eiffel tower for my table in my room. My room is quite Parisian itself, so this goes perfectly. 
I also purchased a little door sign made from wood and hand painted with flowers and landmarks. Its adorable and perfect for my bedroom door as it says "Chambre" at the bottom, meaning bedroom. 
Finally from this shop, I bout a thermal mug/flask. I love tea and up until now, didn't have a portable flask that I could take around with me.

I only bought one clothing item, and I'm wearing it as we speak. Its a Paris hoodie and its super comfortable. Lovely.


So that's it for today. Soon I will post about my experience in Paris, so keep your eyes peeled.

Dont forget to follow me on 


No comments:

Post a Comment