Wednesday 27 March 2013

Spring Ombre Eyes!

I love makeup, as if you couldn't tell! I love experimenting with it and trying out different ways of changing my look.
Today, I got bored and as I usually do, I reached out and opened my makeup draw and began creating a new look. (Just a little warning, Its quite colourful!)

The Face-


I began by priming my face with the 'Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer' and then setting it with my 'Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray'. 
I wanted a light base so picked up my 'Maybelline BB Cream' in light and used my 'Real Techniques Buffing Brush' to work it into my skin. This BB Cream is great for sunnier days because it has SPF (Not that I need it in Wales, It's currently snowing!) I then applied my 'Maybelline Fit Me Concealer' in shade 15 and applied this under my eyes and around my nose, then blended it in with my fingers. To set my base, I used the 'Natural Collection Pressed Powder' in cool, using my 'Real Techniques Blush Brush'.
I lightly contoured under my cheekbones and jaw line, around my temples and down the sides of my nose using my 'Avon  Glow Bronzing Powder' in Light Bronze, with my 'Real Techniques Contour Brush'.
For blush, I used a cream blusher from Topshop in 'Prime Time'. It looks extremely bright in the container, but gives a gorgeous peachy pink flush to the cheeks. To apply this, I used a synthetic blush brush from 'Dirty Works'. This was a cheap brush I picked up from TK Maxx a while ago.
Finally, I didn't apply any colour to my eyebrows as I wanted them to be natural and not overpowering, so I just used the 'Natural Collection Clear Mascara' to set the shape. 

The Eyes-


Priming is everything! As I was using quite a lot of product on my eyes, I made sure I primed!
I used my trusty 'ArtDeco Eyeshadow Base' to prime the eyelids and just below my eyes in preparation for eye liner and shadow.
Using my 'Maybelline Gel Eye liner' in black (and the brush that comes with it), I drew quite a think line from the centre of my eyelid, to the outer corner and then winged it out. I then lined my lower lash line using the 'Barry M Eye Pencil' in white and continued the line under the wing. This white line acts as a base and makes eyes shadow a lot more vibrant.
Now for the fun part! I took an electric blue eye shadow from the above palette (I'm not sure where it's from as it used to be my mothers for dancing), and using the 'Real Techniques Pixel Point Eye Liner Brush', I placed this on top of the white liner at the very outer corner, blending it in towards the centre. 
Next, I took a lighter, turquoise shade and placed this in the centre of the lash line, blending it into the electric blue, and in towards the inner corners of my eye. 
I then took the lightest green/blue shade and applied this to the inner corners of my eyes, leaving a little more space for another colour, and blended it in with the turquoise.
Finally, I took the white colour and placed this in the very inner corner to brighten the eyes.
I added more off each colour to make them more vibrant until I was happy with the intensity of the colours. I also made sure I had blended them into each other seamlessly, to create the ombre effect. 


Lastly for the eyes, I applied my 'Avon Super Shock Max Mascara' and the eyes were complete!


The Lips-


As the eyes were so bright, I wanted a natural, understated lip. 
I applied my light pink 'Kiko Lip Gloss Pencil' and then layered an 'Avon Glazewear Sparkle Lip Gloss' in Shimmering Amethyst over the top. It created a really nice natural pink colour and worked gorgeously with the eyes. 

The Final Look-
I spritzed my face with the setting spray and voila, all done.



I really hope you like the look, of course you can change the colours if you like, maybe trying the opposite colours to you eyes to bring them out.
I had a lot of fun doing this and really liked the outcome. I think the eyes are really pretty and add a bit of fun and flirtatiousness to an everyday look. 

Don't forget to follow me on
Instagram- http://instagram.com/elerihall
Twitter- https://twitter.com/justmeEleri


No comments:

Post a Comment