Friday 5 April 2013

Friday Feelings!- Don't Take Life For granted

*WARNING* This may be an emotional post as it's something I feel very passionate about.
It's also very personal to me and I hope it inspires you to be grateful for what you have.

I'm a firm believer in being thankful for everything and everyone I've been blessed with in my life. And even though I'm only 15, there have been many situations in which I've almost lost someone important, and in some cases, lost loved ones. Whenever this happens, it reinforces the fact that you should never take life for granted.

Here are a few of my experiences;

My nan is an extremely strong woman and I respect and look up to her so much. She has had and overcome cancer. This was the first time I'd ever thought about how valuable life is. I'm extremely thankful that she's still here.

My Grandad died when I was in year 6. He was, and still is my hero, my number 1 man. I never took for granted the time I spent with him, because every moment was special. This was the first time I'd actually lost someone. It made realise how quickly life could be taken away.

A few years ago, my mother was walking my dog when she got hit by a car. Since then, she's had many operations and alterations on her ankle, which was crushed in the crash. I wake up everyday and thank God that I still have my mother. Even though she still struggles with certain things, she's still here and that's all that matters.

Just before Christmas, a close family friend suddenly died. He had an amazing life and travelled to so many different places. Because of this, I only saw him once every two or three years, if I was lucky. I never realised how much he meant to me until he'd gone, and I regret the times I didn't tell him how much he meant to me or thank him for just being there.

And most recently;
On Wednesday night, my mam and I were driving home from a dance lesson. Around the corner, we saw cars, thinking there was traffic. As we got closer, we saw an overturned car, with some people outside and some people still trapped inside. Even though I wasn't involved with the accident or the people present, it still  reinforced the fact that life could be taken away at any time, to you, or to a loved one. 

I make the effort to tell my family and friends how much I appreciate them every, because I don't want to grow up regretting the fact that I didn't. 
It's important not to take your own life for granted, but not to take others lives for granted also. 
Appreciated the people who brought you up, make your day better, make you smile.
Make an effort to tell your parents you love them.
Thank your best friends for making you laugh.

That's your challenge...

Don't forget to follow me on-
Instagram- http://instagram.com/elerihall
Twitter-  https://twitter.com/justmeEleri


2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post Eleri, and all so true :)

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete