Tuesday 18 June 2013

Shopping makes me happy...

So, I thought I'd do a little haul for y'all.

This isn't the biggest haul, but I thought I'd share it anyways. I haven't been shopping a lot lately, but these items were purchased over a few trips. 

*DISCLAIMER* I have bought all items with my own money, apart from a top (which will be stated) that my mam and dad bought for me as an end of exams present.

Lets get into the haul... oooooh I'm excited!

Clothing-

New Look Lace Crop Top- £11.99

This first top is from New Look. It's basically a cream lace top with a nude slip underneath. The material flows really elegantly and is so versatile! It's actually from Generation (the kids section) but fits really nicely. these pictures do not do it justice... believe me.

New Look Black Maxi Skirt- £14.99

I then bought a plain black maxi skirt (again from New Look)with the intention of wearing it with the cream lace top. Again, it flows really nicely and I think it's the perfect thing to transition both into Autumn and then into Winter as it can be worn with jumpers too. Its kind-of a cross of jersey, cotton and chiffon material and I can't put my finger on what it is. BUT... I do know that it's really soft and comfortable.

Next Parisian Top- £22

My final clothing item is this cute top from Next. This is also the top that my parents bought me. It's a peachy coral colour and is also a burnt out material, meaning its great to wear in the Summer, or layered for the Winter. I love the print, because, as you know, I'm in love with Paris! The girls jacket actually has little dimante's on so it's really pretty and girly. 

Cosmetics-

Lets start with Avon!

Avon Apricot Mystery- £2.50

I made a little order from Avon a few weeks ago and am so please with my purchases.
I first ordered this lipstick, however, I'm not sure if it's available any more...sorry. 
I've been lusting after this lip colour for so long and I finally ordered it when it was on sale, even better! As the name states, it's an apricot shade but it also has tiny purple duo-chrome shimmers. It's also quite sheer, so its the perfect summer shade both for the day and the night. I've been wearing this so much since I received it and am so happy I finally purchased it.  

Avon Super Shock Gel Pencil Eyeliner in Blackberry- £1.50

This is another thing I've been wanting for ages and now I have it, I couldn't live without it. Again, I had it on sale but I know it's definitely still available both in Avon Brochures and online. 
The formula is really nice, and the colour just glides onto your lids, without tugging or pulling. Also, once it's on, it's not coming off fully for a day or two. 
The colour's also really nice and more wearable than a black. It's a deep brown with very subtly purple shimmer in it and I really feel that it brings out the blue-ness of my eyes.

Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Peach Melba- £1.99

I've heard so much hype about the Peach Melba blush and being in the market for a peach shade, I fell into the trap and purchased it. I didn't really mind though as it doesn't make a dent in your savings by any means.
On to the actual product, let me just tell you, EVERYTHING PEOPLE SAY IS TRUE! This blush is super pigmented and gives the face a gorgeous peachy glow. It's matte, so you have the option of adding highlighter or just leaving the face matte, as many people do. This really is a perfect peachy shade and I know I'll be wearing it a lot throughout the Summer.

Rimmel BB Cream in Light- £6.99

I'm a huge fan of BB Creams and wear them all year round. I've been using the Maybelline Dream BB Cream for a while now and thought I'd restock. However, when I went to purchase it, I saw the Rimmel one and decided to try it out. I believe this is the lightest shade and surprise suprise, it's the shade I had to go for as even in Summer, I don't tan dramatically. The one thing I am a little apprehensive about is the lower SPF, as on my pale skin, I like to use at least SPF 30 (like the Maybelline one) to make sure I don't burn. 

Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede in Solialite- £6

I actually got this on a promotional offer when it was first released, so I'm not sure on the normal price. For me, this is a moisturising lipstick, with the finish and longevity of a matte lipstick. I picked it up in Socialite, which on me, is a 'my lips but better' colour. It's sort of a rosy pink colour and looks lovely for day to day wear. However, the one downside to this lipstick, is that it smells really strongly of play dough... yum.

So, here's a few swatches, pretty self explanatory really... 
By the way, this swatch really doesn't do the shimmers in both the Avon lipstick and eyeliner justice.

Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Blueberry- £3.99

Finally, I wandered past the Barry M stand. I've been lusting after this Gelly Nail Paint in particular for a long, long time. It's a cross between a pale blue and lavender shade, so I'm really looking forward to wearing it throughout the summer. I haven't actually tried this yet, but it's definitely going to be the next colour that I'll paint my nails. There are so many pretty shades that I'm definitely going to go back and get more, maybe not the whole collection, but the majority.

Also, there was a buy one get one half price offer, so, being the nail polish addict I am, I picked up another one. I wasn't to bothered as I know how great the Barry M Nail Paints are.

Barry M Texture Nail Paint in Kingsland Road- £1.99
Based on half price offer

I decided to buy one of the Barry M Nail Paints in Kingsland Road. It's a textured nail paint, meaning it contains tiny lumpy things, so that when you layer it on your nails, it creates a concrete texture. I'm not 100% sure how to explain it, but it's really cool. As you can tell, I'm wearing it now, and have fallen deeply in love. I also love the baby pink shade as it makes my fingers look elongated, weird I know. I'm definitely in the market for buying more of the textured nail paints, including the feather effects, which I almost bought.

So there you have it. A little haul.








No comments:

Post a Comment