Saturday 15 June 2013

Sweet Freedom!

Sweet, sweet freedom!

Lets start on a great note and celebrate the fact that my GCSE's are done. After months of hard work, I finally finished.

To celebrate this, a few friends and I went for a meal last night. It was such an amazing feeling to do something other than revise and stress. We went to TGI Fridays and had a lovely meal. Also, it was a celebration of our Summer holidays, which, start today. 11 whole weeks off! I am a bit gutted though as last week the sun was gleaming, however, last Monday the rain came pouring down once again.
But... the weathers not going to get me down. I AM FREE!

The weather however, did affect my outfit choices. I was planning on wearing a vintage style blouse with a black skater skirt and my cream flatform shoes. Maybe that will feature in a future post...
Because of the rain and wind, I wore something a little warmer.


So this is an overview of my outfit.
My crop top is from Internacional and is a staple piece in my wardrobe. I decided to wear a bright pink to bring in an element of summer and fun, despite it not being reflected in our Great British weather. It has a little peter pan collar and all the edges are scalloped, adding a really cute detail. 
To contrast the top, I wore a pair of black disco pants from New Look. These are also a staple piece in my wardrobe because they are so so so comfy! They also go with everything, meaning they can be dressed up or down. The top and pants left a small portion of my midriff on show, as you can see, but it was nothing too revealing!
Finally, for shoes, I wore black creepers, again from New Look. Honestly, I need to invest in a pair of black flats, preferably loafers. I love my creepers, however, I feel they look better when I'm wearing skirts with frilly socks, or something to that effect, as they give it a cool, grungy feel. But with my disco pants, I think they cut off my legs slightly and this kind of defeated the point of the high waisted-ness.


This is a close up of the top, so you can really see the scalloped edges. As you can see, I tried to match my lips with the top using the Revlon just kissable balm stain in lovesick and the Rimmel apocalips in apocaliptic for extra longevity. I kept the rest of the makeup really simple like I did in my I'm Bringing Gucci Back post a few months ago.


I also kept the jewellery simply by wearing small cross earrings by Forever 21 and a vintage ring that actually used to be my nans when she was my age. This is probably one of my most worn rings. I really love it!

I had a really great night and I'm so thankful to have finished my exams. My GCSE's were an extremely stressful period and now I just have to wait for the results.

The steriotypical girls in bathroom pose/ My bestest friend and I/ Celebrating freedom






No comments:

Post a Comment