Friday 19 July 2013

Prom!

I'm sure you all know how excited I was for my prom. 
Well, capture that excitement and times it by 100, and you might come close to the excitement I was feeling on Tuesday.

Prom was amazing! It was so nice to see everyone dressed up and was also a chance to say goodbye to those who were leaving in a more special way, other than just saying it on a normal day.

This is going to be a post on my makeup and dress, but stay tuned as there will be another just including photos.


So, this is me...
It may come as a shock, but everything I'm wearing is actually from New Look, and the best part about that is, it's so inexpensive! In total, my shoes, bag and dress came in at under £100!!! 


Hopefully, you can see that my shoes are nude with bows on the front. The bows are covered in various sized crystals. My bag also has a large bow detail on the front and I think this makes the overall outfit really fun and girly.
I opted for a short dress as it was only my year 11 prom and I wanted to still show my youthfulness as opposed to looking so grown up... I like to look my age :)


Unfortunately, this is the best up close picture I have of my makeup, but I'm going to go through what I used anyway...
Before applying anything, I spritzed my Urban Decay Deslick Spray all over may face to keep the oil at bay and then applied my Rimmel Primer using my fingers.
I used my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to even out my complexion and give me a flawless base. Even though I had a tan, this foundation blended into the colour beautifully and I think this is down to the fact that it's a little darker than my natural skin colour anyway, so it easily adapted to a darker colour.
I then used my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer to banish any dark spots and redness under my eyes and around my nose. I used my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush to really work it into my skin and give a natural finish.
I shaped and filled in my brows using my Benefit Browzings Kit and then set them using Natural Collections Clear Mascara to ensure that they stayed in place all night!
Next, I lightly contoured using my Avon Matte Bronzer and the Real Techniques Contour Brush. To add colour to my cheeks, I used Benefits Hervana Box O'Powder. This really gives your cheeks a subtle but noticeable glow. Finally, I highlighted my cheekbones using the Benefits Watts Up Highlighting Stick and then blended it in flawlessly with my Buffing Brush. 
I primed my eyes for eye shadow using my Art Deco Eyeshadow Base and then buffed Foxy from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette to even out my eyelids. 
Then, I added a little of Sephoras eyeshadow in Satin Corset with my Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush.
To shade and contour my eyes, I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette and my Sephora Crease Brush. I buffed in the darkest shades to create a sort of smoky haze. 
I applied my Ardell Demi Wispies and a little coat of mascara to emphasise my eyes.
Finally, on my lips I used Topshops Lipstick in Secret admirer and then topped it off with a shimmery lipgloss from Avon.
A final spritz of my Urban Decay Deslick Spray made sure my makeup lasted all night.



No comments:

Post a Comment