Thursday 1 August 2013

Beach Bag Essentials

Before we start, I'd just like to ask where 2013 has gone...
HALF THE YEAR HAS GONE... what! That's crazy.

Next, I'd just like to apologise for being away from the bloggersphere for just over a week.
I've been on holidays and I thought I'd have internet access to blog while I was away, but turns out, there was no internet. Well, not sufficient internet for me to blog... unfortunately :(

My family and I basically went to our friends caravan in West Wales (My favourite place!) for a week.
The caravan is practically on the beach so I was there a lot.
I thought it would be a good idea to share what I take to the beach with you guys who may be going on holiday soon, or just a day trip to the beach.

Lets get started...


So, this is the contents of my bag.... interesting hmmm?


My first essentials are a hat and cover up. My cover up is just a long jersey top/dress from Primark. I wear this when I'm walking to and from the beach and if I'm just walking around.
And a hat is pretty self explanatory really.


I like to take a book to the beach with me for when I'm not actually in the sea. I'm a little obsessed with Audrey Hepburn and this book is amazing. It's all about how Breakfast at Tiffany's was made and goes through all the struggles of the people involved, including Audrey Hepburn, Truman Capote (The genius who wrote Breakfast at Tiffany's) and Edith Head (The Paramount costume designer). 
Again, Suncream is an obvious essential. I like carrying around this little handbag size, it's so convenient and cute.
I also carry around hand cream and lipbalm because I get really dry hands and lips and the sea salt tends to make it a little worse.
For my hair, I use argan oil, especially after coming out of the sea. It just nourishes it and protects it against the sun and wind. yay


Obviously, Sunglasses are a must! My Ray-Bans do not come off my face when I'm on the beach. In fact, that case right there is empty...
I take my IPod to listen to my favourite songs on the beach. Sometimes I take my mini speakers to the beach, depending on who I'm with.
My camera means I can take pictures of the beautiful scenery and my phone does the same really. Not an essential for some people, but most definitely for me. 


My final essential is the most essential essential... Does that make sense? It does to me but...
It's so so so important to keep hydrated throughout the day and especially if you're swimming and running round the beach. The sun can also make you feel dehydrated so water is only safe... Drink it okay!


Don't forget to follow me on- 



No comments:

Post a Comment