Sunday 18 August 2013

Cara Delevingne Inspired Makeup Look

I love Cara Delevingne. She's such an influencial figure for girls around the world. Yes, she's a model but she's also a normal person and doesn't shy away from proving that to the public.

This look was meant to go up last week, ideally on Cara's 21st birthday. But I was ill, and along with illness comes tiredness, a lack of motivation and dull, ugly skin. So anyway, it's going up now :)

This is the photo I took inspiration from. It's my favourite 'Cara' look and one that she's often seen wearing.


SKIN PREP


Cara has amazing skin! It glows and looks flawless with or without makeup, something that's definitely desirable for many people.
Of course, you can just create the look of glowing skin with makeup, but it's better to start with your actual skin. It means you need less makeup and it looks alot more natural.
To achieve 'natural' looking, glowing skin, I first exfoliated my skin using the St.Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub. I swear by this stuff! It leaves your face feeling smooth as a babies bottom. mmm
To emphasize the 'glow' in my skin, I used the Planet Spa Facial Gold Glow Gel. It does exactly what it says, creates a really subtle, gold glow on your skin.
Finally, I moisturised because, well, it's necessary. 

BASE MAKEUP


To ensure that my makeup stayed on all day, I spritzed my face with the Urban Decay De Slick Setting spray and then applied the Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer.
I used MAC's Match Master Foundation to create a flawless base. I would describe this foundation as having a demi matte finish which is great for this look as it means I can control where the shine/glow is.
Next, I concealed around my nose and under my eyes using my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, just for a little extra coverage.
Cara is known for her gorgeous bold brows. I actually have rather thick eyebrows so I used my Benefit Brow Zing Eyebrow kit to just define and shape my brows. I then set them with a little of the Natural Collection Clear Mascara.
Not all of us have lovely chiselled cheek bones, but luckily we can fake it to a certain extent. I used Avon's Matte Bronzer in Light Glow to contour my cheek bones, around my temples and under my chin. This gave my normally round face more shape and definition. 
In my inspiration picture, I can't really detect any bold blush. However, I can see a tiny bit of natural coloured blush blending upwards from the cheek bones. To create this natural flush, I used Avons Blush in Russet, placed my brush just under my cheek bones and flicked up to create the soft, natural look.
Finally, to bring out my cheek bones even more and add to the 'glow', I used Benefits Watts Up highlighter on the high points of my face; My cheek bones, under the brow bone, down the bridge of the nose and on my cupids bow.

EYE MAKEUP


 I first primed my eyelids and under my eyes using the Art Deco eyeshadow base and then prepared for eyeshadow by applying Maybellines 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe on the outer half of my eyelid and below the bottom lash line. 
Using the Sephora Rounded Crease Brush, I applied a layer of Naked 2, from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, over my eyelids, into the crease, and generously under my bottom lash line.
I then darkened the crease and lower lash line using Faint.
Cara has really thick lashes, but no noticeable eyeliner on in the picture. To create the illusion of a thicker, natural lash line, I used a small accent brush and Crave from the same palette. I smudged the eyeshadow in-between my lashes for a natural effect.
Finally, I curled  my lashes and applied several coats of Maybellines the Rocket Mascara for long, voluminous lashes. Yay!



LIPS


In the picture, Cara is sporting red lips, however I often see her wearing the same eye look with a more natural, nude lip. So, that's what I've done :)
For the red lip, I used Kate Lipstick  by Rimmel in 111, Kiss of Life.
For the nude lip, I applied Kate Lipstick by Rimmel in 113.
I love both colours but I suppose it's personal preference.


A final spritz of my setting spray means my makeup will stay on aaaaaaaalll day.
Honestly, the eyeshadow doesn't look as intense in these pictures but I assure you, it was alot more visible in person. :(

As much as I'd rather be Cara Delevingne, I'll just have to settle for similar makeup. hmmm

I hope you like this look and try it out yourselves :)

If you have any requests for other celebrity makeup looks, please comment below :)

Don't forget to follow me on- 





No comments:

Post a Comment