Thursday 28 November 2013

DIY Lip Scrub

I went on a little shopping the other day and ventured into lush. I've wanted the bubble gum lip scrub for a long time but I genuinely cannot bring myself to £5 for that little tub of flavoured sugar...

So, to save some money, I made my own. It is so simple and really effective.


Basically, you take a quarter tea spoon of honey and mix it with a quarter tea spoon of sugar. 
The sugar makes a great exfoliant where as the honey acts as a moisturiser. Honey contains antimicrobials and antioxidants which means that it really moisturises and leaves your lips feeling soft and smooth.
You can make as much or as little as you want and voila, done :)
I told you it was easy!
Once you have made the scrub, you literally just use your finger and rub it over your lips. Soft as a babies bottom...
To make sure my lips are nourished, I follow up with a lip balm. 

I do this two to three times a week, especially before I apply makeup if I'm planning on wearing a matte lipstick. No one wants cracked lips. 

Don't forget to follow me on- 




No comments:

Post a Comment