Tuesday 17 December 2013

Golden Glamour

8 days till Christmas. Holy moly has that come around fast!

Anyway, it's party season and so I thought I'd share my favourite looks for Christmas this year.


This first look uses all drug store products meaning it's super cheap!
Also, this look is beautiful on any eye colour as the gold really brings out the warmth and colour.


To make sure my shadow appears vibrant and stays all night, I primed my eyes. I used the Kiko Shadow Stick in 07 (a gorgeous foil gold) on the inner half of the eye and Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze on the outer half, making sure to keep the bottom lid clean of any product.


Next, I used the Collection Shadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate to create my desired shape. 
I continued the line from my bottom lash line up as if I was drawing on winged eyeliner. I then drew a straight line from the wing and continued it into my crease. This made a triangle shape and I lightly shaded this is with the same pencil. I then softened the line with a dense brush to make the shadow seamless.
Using a random matte brown shadow, I deepened my crease and continued to blend out the shadow stick to make the overall look really soft.


To create the gorgeous gold foil effect on the inner third of the eye, I used a combination of the L'oreal Colour Infallible Eyeshadow in Goldmine (A super pigmented, glossy, bright gold pigment) and the Collection Glam Crystals Eyeliner in Funk. I used my finger to press the gold shadow into the inner third of the eye and then topped it off with a layer of the gold liner. It honestly looks so beautiful and really catches the light, perfect for a Christmas Party. 


Finally, I curled my lashes and coated them with the Maybelline Falsies Mascara, my favourite, and then tidied up the look with my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer.
As you can see, I kept the bottom lash line completely free of any shadow or mascara. I really liked how this looked so I left it clean.

Don't forget, you can use any colour glitter you want; black, silver or even red! Also, you can add false lashes for a really glamorous look. I suggest fluttery, winged out lashes such as the Ardell Demi Wispies. 

Don't forget to follow me on- 



No comments:

Post a Comment