Thursday 12 December 2013

'Winter Skin'

I have just diagnosed myself with 'Winter Skin'.

Yes, that time of year where the skin freaks out eg. dry patches, spots and tight feeling skin.
Normally, I get this problem around January time when the air is icy cold. However, it's seemed to arrive early this year, which is strange as it hasn't felt so cold out this year.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my ways of solving the whole 'Winter Skin' thing.....
I do this whole process at least twice a week, but I cleanse every night and use my Simple moisturiser every night too.


First things first, I cleanse my skin to remove all my makeup, or if I'm not wearing any, just to prep my skin.
I like using the Simple Cleansing Lotion because it really nourishes my skin and seriously removes all my makeup!
I use half a sprout sized dollop (that's a very good description Eleri, wow thankyou myself) and massage it into my skin and then use a hot flannel, lay it over my face to steam and then wipe off the product in circular motions.


Next, I follow up with a moisturising face mask, or something to the same affect.
So, because of the dry area's and the little spots I've had recently, I haven't wanted to use a regular face mask just because I feel that they would irritate my skin more...
Instead, I've been using honey. That's right. Just honey. On my face.
Honey has so many positive benefits for the skin! First of all, it's super super moisturising! It has both antimicrobial and antioxidant properties meaning your skin is left feeling soft, moisturised and clean.
And... It also fights acne, wrinkles and premature ageing! You go honey!
Personally, I use a teaspoon dollop of honey and put it in the microwave for 7-10 seconds. This makes it really smooth and runny.
I then leave it in the bowl, untouched, for around 10 minutes. I find that this makes the honey form tiny little 'honey lumps' which means that the honey mask exfoliates as well as moisturises. I then massage the honey into my face and wait for 15-20 minutes.
Just a quick warning, it can get a little messy as the honey runs.
Once again, I use a hot flannel to massage the mask off.

I can honestly say that I can see a huge improvement in my skin after one use of the honey mask! My skin feels smoother, plumper and glows from within! I have also noticed that the redness of my spots has reduced over night. HONEY IS A MIRACLE WORKER!


I tend to go for Oilatum as a moisturiser substitute after using the honey mask.
It's specifically produced for dry skin and therefore is perfect for my skin right now. Wonderful!

Wow, I'm sorry that turned into such a long post.... I guess I have a lot to say about honey. oops

This routine has really improved my skin lately and although it's not back to it's previous state, it's definitely on it's way :)

Don't forget to follow me on- 

No comments:

Post a Comment